Saturday, March 24, 2012

About Boys

Happy Saturday,


     Saturday, a good day for sleeping in, a good day for relaxing, and a good day for weddings! Wedding season is in full swing and I got to go to an amazing wedding today for the now Mr. and Mrs. Scholte! Yay, for Devin and Charity!
     But I digress... I may have only been married for 10 months, 10 days, 6 hours and 45 minutes but it seems whenever I go to a wedding I get the warm fuzzies. You know the ones? They're warm... and fuzzy. ;) I get to thinking about my wedding day and what joy I was feeling, and the joy that has grown in my last almost year as a married woman and some of the things I have learned, some of my favorite things! Things about life and living and living with a boy. 
     In all of my 21 years I have had several roommates, some great some not so great but all alike in one way. They weren't boys. My life with a boy roommate has been one giant learning curve. Boys are so different in how the do things. How they do laundry, how they cook (or don't cook) the weird way they talk at the computer when they play games, even their tv watching habits. I have decided though that life with this boy is absolutely the best decision I er.. we have ever made. There is nothing better than snuggling up in an boy sized hoodie, or big fluffy hunting socks. How about having a big strong dude there to protect you from the things that go bump in the night? Or the sweet little surprises of flowers on the table, in a cowboy boot. He's my level head when there are tough decisions, he is my grocery shopping buddy and an all around amazing man. Sorry about all of the gushing... really I'm not, but enough of the warm fuzzies.  
     Needless to say I am a big fan of this marriage thing and even more of a fan of having a boy for a roommate. I highly recommend it. They are an awesome compliment to the gals in this life, they keep us balanced.  
     Now to go enjoy some tea in my oversized husband hoodie. Happy Saturday evening friends.     


                      (Any now for a picture of my hunk)


.....and he's all mine....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...