Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Life Abundant

"The thief comes only to steal, kill and destroy, but I came that you would have life, and have it more abundantly." John 10:10

     Tonight I can't help but be a bit nostalgic. On all accounts it has been a basic normal day, but there was a time when I would have given anything to know that these beautiful spring days would come again.
     In the last couple days I have had several reminders that I am only human and have no promise of the next moment or the next day. In light of that I want to make sure and soak it all up, every minute, every sound, every smell, every single episode of The Dukes of Hazzard I watch with my beloved.
     Today I was lucky enough to make up some hours at work, I know not everyone would see this as a blessing but hey it's a tank of gas or part of a grocery bill. I came home to a beautiful evening, great temperatures and the delicate smell of lilac in the air. Then I got to make an awesome supper of stuffed peppers that I have been craving for weeks and it turned out simply wonderful.  I got to share this meal with my one and only. To top it all off we are blessed to just spend a quiet evening in. This may sound mundane to most people but I cherish every moment. I just want to soak it all in, make note, and remember. Just like in Joshua where they set up a monument for future generations.
     My next move is to make as many memories as I possibly can, big memories, small memories all  of them sweet. I want to live this abundant life because it's the only one I've got. No grudges, plenty of forgiveness and mercy. Plenty of opportunities and second chances.
     Here's to remembering the bright days and giving thanks in everyday, and here's to many memories and adventures.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...