Friday, April 27, 2012

April Birch Box

Hello there, 

Well since it's almost the end of April I think I had better get a move on! For those of you who don't know about Birch Box it is a neat little program that you sign up for (somewhere around $10 a month) and each month they send you a tidy lil box chock full of premium beauty samples. If you are anything like me you love to try new things but the idea of paying $15 for a bottle of nail polish or $80 for a bottle of perfume is a pretty steep commitment. Don't get me wrong it's worth it if the product is exactly what you want, but how do you know it is? This is why the lovely people over at Birch Box are so genius! You simply fill out a few profile questions about your style and likes and they ship out your fancy little treat! 

This month's "theme" was Natural.

All of the products were green or created green and all natural.


First Up is the Dropps laundry detergent it came in a 2 pack and I must confess I haven't used it yet but I am excited to have these little guys to tuck into my travel bag! I have what you would call sensitive skin so I love the fact that it is dye and scent free! Plus its just cute because they are tiny.

Next is Willa on the go facial cleansing cloths. I am VERY picky about no water needed cleaning cloths. After my years as a dancer I have seen the good the band and the ugly of this particular kind of thing. These however went WAY above and beyond my expectations. Light, fragrance free, removed all of my make up with out drying and best of all it didn't leave that yucky slimy residue. A+ in my book.

This product made me giggle when I opened it. It ranks right up there with lip gloss in my book, and lip gloss/chap stick is something I aught to take out stock in. This lovely little tin is something that I can use year round, seeing as my dry cracked cuticles are no respecter of seasons. I knew it was love though, when I opened the tin and a lovely light lemon scent wafted up to greet me. Bliss.

Nail polish, this is the second box that I have received with polish ahem  lacquer in it. This makes my whole month... I have almost as much nail polish as I do lip gloss. I have never tried a polish from Zoya but it is a brand that I have heard tossed around on my favorite blogs so I was eager to try it. The color is called Bevin and at first I was kind of hesitant, I'm not much for green-ish colors but this has just the right touch of a grey kind of beige tone that it won me over and I can't wait to wear it again. 

Last we have Taylor Swift's new perfume Wonderstruck. Personally I think the scents that come in Birch Box make it totally worth it, it's just enough for you to use a few times and know it it's really you and works with your body chemistry. This one I am kind of on the fence about. Personally I love the girl and I admire what she has made for herself but this perfume while light and girly came across as a bit "young" to me. Also the hubby was ok with it but not totally sold and his opinion on this matter is important. I like to have a say in how yummy he smells I figure he deserves the same right.
  Over all I would say that this is one of my favorite boxes from those I have received so far. The nail polish has really grown on me and I feel like the other products are something I will use up and as they hope purchase full size of a few of them. 

If you are interested in Birch Box check them out and give them a try! *
http://www.birchbox.com/

*I am not in any way associated with Birch Box, nor do they have any idea who I even am I am just sharing my honest opinion of a great product!

Have a great weekend my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...