Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Bandwagon, yep I jumped on.

Good morning friend,

     We all knew it was inevitable. I tried to deny it and put it off as long as possible. I caved. I caved big time. I broke down and read The Hunger Games. I know I have mentioned it to you in the past but since them I have proceeded to start the series over again and even con my amazing husband into seeing the movie.
    I must admit it pained me to take the leap. You see, I reserve the right to deny this in public but I am a bit of what you might call a hipster,I like to find books/movie/music that is fairly obscure and then share it with friends. I enjoy the obscurity and I begin to slowly back away when it looks like something may become a fad. I giggle under my breath at all the fan girls and avoid the huge crowds that gather for midnight showings and releases. Heaven help us all when people begin to ump on the band wagon. You know the ones, they are part of the "original fans" they come in a day late and a dollar short? Yep, them. 

    It has humbled me to utter this. I have become one of them. Get this. It was so WORTH IT. Shall I gush a bit? First of all I am just waiting for the rest of the world to realize that The hunger games doesn't end with just one book. Oh no, buddy there are three! If you read the first one you will be left with an ache, and a ravenous need to "FIND THE SECOND BOOK RIGHT NOW". It only gets worse from there. ;) I'm serious folks. Some of the best books I have read. 
     I digress... Back to the movie. The hubby and I decided last Thursday that we should see what all of the buzz is about. I must say I was impressed. They did a very nice job translating the futuristic world into a tangible place. The back story was a little slim but honestly for a book that was written in first person I feel they did a very nice job integrating most of the vital information with out too much awkwardness. The only regret... the CGI dogs? Really? From the way they painted the futuristic I would have thought a few mangy dogs would be no problem... alas they were rather cheesy. Eh you win some you lose some. 
    So, if I had only seen the movie I would have thought it was a nice movie. Not much more. However I am enthralled with the books, in this case the fan girls were right. They are worth the read and worth the wait for the next movie!

What's your take on The Hunger Games? Have you read them, seen the movie? Also am I the only one out there that gets in that Hipster funk and refuses to jump on the bandwagon? 

Anyway Happy weekend peeps!      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...