Friday, April 20, 2012

JOY comes in the morning

Happy Friday my friends! 

   It seems I have just about made it through this week and I am ready for a day of rest and some good quality quiet time tomorrow. Congratulations we have survived the week! :)

   A week or so ago I mentioned to you all that I have been subbing in the children's ministry at my church and that the theme for this month has really spoken to me. The theme is HOPE and the key verse is from John 16:33. Now the kids have just been working on the second half;

     "In this world you will have trouble, but take heart! I have overcome this world."

Me being the curious kid I am thought if that is part "B" then what must "A" say? 

   "I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace." 

AMEN!He knows that we will have trouble, but cares so much that he reminds us HE has over come and wants us to be at peace in that! 

   Ok, enough backstory. All of that is to set the stage, because clearly like a small child in the school room I am not through with this lesson/reminder, because it's still popping up over and over again. The neatest thing is how creatively God has been teaching me. 
   Now,I am a girl moved deeply by music, and I have been blessed with an amazing gift called JoyFM.  
   This awesome radio station is based in my home town and plays only Christian music! They are entirely listener supported and have been such a huge part of my life for the last 11 years or so. 
   I am not able to pick this station up over the air but I listen to it on my computer and on my phone when I can. It seems lately there are SO many songs that are laced with that beautiful verse from John. 

     "Now, I'm lost in your freedom, In this world I'll over come"
- Newsboys "God's not dead"

              "God is my victory and He is here"
-Hillsong "Desert Song" (Ok so this one is not exactly but it's been stuck in my head all morning)

              "Savior, worthy of honor and glory, worthy of all our praise, You overcame."
-Jeremy Camp "Overcame"

   I'm not going to say "Oh I'm in a dark place and I am clinging desperately" Or even that I am in a valley, I just know right now I am on a journey. It's like mile 4 or five of a run and you just need that reminder you He can do this. I'm not sure at the moment if this is a lesson that I am learning or simply a perfect reminder of his promise. Either way I am grateful to be hearing from God and learning to find peace in this. 
   As you are running keep one foot in front of the other, keep your head high knowing that HE has overcome for you, and lift your voice to Him! 
 
Happy Friday! 
(Just so you know I am very thankful for you)




 

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...