Friday, April 13, 2012

Thoughts of Thankfulness

Hey there friends, 


     I feel like in the last week it has hit me all over again just how difficult transitioning to being a grown up can be. Oh my sometimes it can be overwhelming, with work and groceries and bills. Oh My! Ha ha But I have to admit it certainly has its advantages! Like being grown up, I can drive! Sometimes my inner 6 year old gets so tickled about that. The best, is when I get to help with Sunday School, for as long as I can remember I have wanted to help with the tiny humans!
     I have found that though I am there to teach I often come to learn more than I have ever imagined I would. Its amazing to me that I can teach on Sunday and the simple yet profound lessons are still resonating with me 4, 5, 6 days later. 
     This month the lesson has been HOPE. How my amazing God can make good things out of bad situations. Here I am almost 23 years old, this lesson surely is one that I have learned before but my, how this week I have needed this reminder. That my God has a promise. "In this world you will have trouble, but take heart I have overcome the world." So when I start to fret over schedules, or bills I have found this little voice whispering "Dear one, take heart, I have over come." I just remember that greater responsibilities also means greater opportunity for blessings. 


On another note something that is such a great reminder to me... taking time to actually count those blessings. 

5things

1. My job, I may not always love it but I am ALWAYS thankful for it.
2. My husband, my champion the man who stands behind me when I want to melt into tears.
3. My brother, making a road trip is always more fun with one of my oldest and dearest friends.
4. Great music, amazing christian music to soundtrack my days.
 5. STRAWBERRIES!! Its that wonderful time of year again! My Favorite fruit ever!



Any way have a great weekend my friends, and remember His promises. He has overcome. 

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's SO hard transitioning into an grown-up. Rarely do I feel like an adult, actually haha. But you're so right; more responsibilities come with more blessings :)
    Also...strawberries are AMAZING!

    Andrea
    Left brain, right brain, pug brain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have those moments at least once a day, when I pause and say wait a minute just who signed off on my being "all grown up"? And yes I can see the next few months everything I make will probably include strawberries somehow!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...