Wednesday, May 30, 2012

In the quiet places

It's watering day!

     For as long as I have been working at my job (which is 1 year on June 2nd) Wednesday has been watering day! I try to remember to water all of our resident plants at the dealership, and that in turn reminds me indulge my lil plants at home as well. That's the story behind watering day! Now you know.
     Have you ever had those times in your life that you get the feeling "it doesn't get much better than this"? Right now I am basking in the glow. I have been married just over a year, we both have jobs, we have a great little place of our own, we love our church and the friends there. Sure there are things that could always change but it sure doesn't seem like it could get much better than this. This is the spot I have been craving for years. 
     Let me explain, while I was in high school, I knew bigger and better things were in store and I was eager to get there. Then while I was in college I was never really at home. Always moving every couple months between school and home. I was always saying I just missed my living room. Ha, not my bed or my family, I missed the living room and the quiet time spent there. So now I am here, on the other side of so much growing and learning. I regret that it took me a year after actually graduating and getting married to get here but I am at last. 
     All that to say now that I am here, I am so peaceful. In my heat. Peaceful. I want to give thanks for it, I want to remember My God's faithfulness to get me here, I want to soak up every single second. Every day is a reflection of his grace, that I do not deserve, but have been freely given.
     I'm not so naive to think life is going to stay this way, but right now I am taking this time to grow and to stretch. My hearts cry right now is "God change my heart. Please make in me a heart after yours. Be preparing me for the next time that isn't so 'quiet'".
     After a period in my life that I look back and am ashamed to say I don't even recognize myself, I am relieved to say I am feeling more like me than I ever have. I am also striving to set stable roots. Not in a certain place but in my faith, so that there may not be a next time that I ever stray so far from who I am and what I know to be truth. 

Truth. He is my foundation.
Nevertheless, God's solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: "The Lord knows those who are his," and, "Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness." 2 Timothy 2:9

Truth. I am forgiven and loved.
If we confess our sins, [God] is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness" 1 John 1:7

Truth. I am Called.
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

Truth. I am secure.
Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and anointed us is God, who also sealed us and gave us the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge. 2 Corinthians 1:21
  
These are beautiful truths. I never ever again want to forget them. I know there are lessons I learned as I crawled through those long days but I never want to not recognize his touch in my life, I never want to look in the mirror and be haunted by the look in my own eyes. So I am striving, running after, pursing my God in every way I know how. I want to be a fierce, brave warrior, waiting and bow drawn the next time the enemy shows his ugly face. 

So for now I cherish, I savor and I soak up. Every. Single. Second. 

 He and I, soaking up some sunshine and some life, last night before small group.
 Do me a favor and pop over here and tell me what you think I should buy. I need as many opinions as I can! :) Pretty Please!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...