Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The sound of the shutter

Hello there,

     I'm about to share with you all a part of me that I have just talked about in the past. My Photo-ness! I am a shutter bug and I have been for some time. The first time I really remember engaging when I picked up a camera was my junior year of high school. I got my first real digital camera, it was just a point and shoot but I spent hours trying out all of the different settings. I was hooked. I had that camera for years and it went with me all over the world the summer after high school documenting all of my travels. 
     It wasn't until I got to college that I seriously considered pursuing photography as anything more than a hobby. I got my little self into a photography class and got my hands on a SLR (single lens reflex) and I was completely sold. I knew one day I would be a "real" photographer. I had two years of training in college along side my other classes as well as doing work with the PR department at school.
    Since then I have kept my work mostly to friends and family, doing some couple and engagement shoots as well as some seniors. My goal is to continue to shot and to grow. I want to spend my time gathering info, taking classes and becoming the very best I can at what I love.
    I love being behind a lens and I love the post-processing. There is nothing more satisfying then seeing the look on someone's face when they see a finished piece. It's my art. It's my craft. It's my love. 






     Here is shoot I did just a little over a week ago with my brother Daniel and his girlfriend Heather. They were a joy to work with. They have a very easy manner between them that made it so easy to get amazing natural shots. The day may have been very warm but they didn't show it! Thank you two so much for allowing me to be part of this afternoon with you. 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...