Thursday, June 14, 2012

5things

     Have you ever had those days that you feel so much emotion that it just wears you out? Yeah? Today is one of those days. Whew, it's only 3 in the afternoon and I am already yawning. 
    What I really want to do today is focus on the things I am thankful for. I have found that even though I am blogging about it each week, even if I wasn't I would need this habit. You see I have found that with this discipline each week of counting my blessings, I am literally aligning my heart. It's awful hard to stay grouch and grumpy when you are face to face with all that God has given you. I do know that sometimes my list is very similar from week to week, but that's the beauty. God has given me so many "gifts that keep on giving" it's amazing. Anyway I choose to look at it I always feel a bit more humbled and grateful on the other side of it. 

1) Passion. I am thankful that God has filled my heart with innate love to create and capture moments on film. I am grateful for the way it fills my heart when I get a chance to do so!
2) Ingenuity. I am also so thankful that God doesn't always give into all my needs wants. This helps me to grow and stretch and become more grateful for what I do have, and grow my faith in His timing and perfect provision.
3) Compassion. God has filled my heart with a soft spot for others. I am so thankful that I get the chance to love on others and share my loving savior with them. I am glad He made me with a big heart, to love and forgive hopefully as he would.
4)Support. He has surrounded me with some amazing people not only in my family but also my church and small group. They are there to listen and to do life with. It makes an amazing difference to be able to share with others and know that they have your back. 
5)Peace. Above all I am so thankful for the peace that passes all understanding that comes from my heavenly father. Even if I didn't have any of the above 4, I would still have this and it come straight from Him. He's got me. That's all that matters. 

BTW I am so thankful for all of you guys too. I have 7 followers now and over 1700 pageviews. That blows me away. I know I'm just a tiny little blog but I have big dreams! Thank you all for being along for the ride. 

Have a Happy Thursday Evening Peeps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...