Monday, July 23, 2012

Hrrrmm...

Hello there my friends,

     Today. She is a Monday. Boy, do I have a case of the Monday's going on. Not sure why, I just do. But I am powering through. I am thinking about rewarding myself for not snapping at anybody yet with some hot tea. Ha ha ok it's not all that bad around here, I try so hard to stay positive, because I know how much positive people can brighten my day and I like the idea of being that light spot for others. 
     I know that it's not always a bright sunshiney day, and even the brightest of people can have a "Monday" but what I have found that is most important is to not let those monday's take over. One way I have found to kick the gloomy habit is to fill up! It;s hard to have energy when you're running on empty right? So why not fill up and fuel up. One of my favorite ways to do this is through a lovely little book called "Jesus Calling" I first heard of it from the lovely Mandisa, who tweeted about it all the time! (If you don't know her, you should!) I knew I had to pick up a copy for myself. This little gem is taken strait from scripture, broken down into daily pieces and written just as if Jesus were talking right to you. It's a breath of fresh air sometimes to hear these familiar scriptures aimed right to your heart and spoken with such love. The author is Sarah Young and it seems really has tapped into to the way God speaks to our hearts. It's Jesus Calling.... Will you pick up?
     

     Second I have just found a beautiful new community out there online that has really been a boost to me it's called #SheReadsTruth
It's a neat place set up by a community of women bloggers that wanted to have a place to come together and study scripture. If you visit http://shereadstruth.com/ everything is right there and explains how to get in to the study with them. It's easy really, no book required, no heavy study bible needed. Just your own notebook and a computer (or smart phone). We are all just working our way through the "Prayer" Plan through Youversion and taking notes and sharing with each other how the Lord is speaking to us. It really is just beautifully simple. There is also a weekly truth that is posted that is just an over arching theme for the week. Seeing the reminder there in the morning starts my day off right, and I have found I even have been coming back to re-read them through the day. I also love the sense of community, I know that I am not the only one out there that needed the words we are reading that day. What about you? Do you read truth? 

      So do you have a case of the Monday's... or the Thursday's? How do you fill up, and power through? Is it a great cup of coffee or a piece of chocolate? Or do you have a lower calorie option like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...