Monday, August 6, 2012

Just Another Manic Monday

Ok, Not really. This has got to be one the BEST Monday's I have had in quite a while. Honestly the only reason I see is that as soon as my eyes popped open this morning I just said ok God, today is yours, take it and make it what you want. I surrender. 
     I'm not very good at that habit, I am much more prone to try and over organize my day, running through schedules and plans and jumping right into the day and the week with worry! I must say I like God's way better. I just need to work on that discipline to keep making this happen!
     I also think my soul is just filled up, full and over flowing. I know we must rely on the Lord to be enough for us but I truly believe that God uses His people to minister to each other's hearts! I believe that because I have seen it in the last 5 days over and over. 
     I mentioned this earlier but on Thursday E and I had a couple date with some friends of ours in our smallgroup. We made plans to go to the fair and walk around, eat fair food and watch the Motocross races! I can't tell you when I have had so much fun. These new friends that God has brought into our lives are such blessings. The fact that they are not just there on Tuesday night but also on other random days when we just want to get together, hang out and act like kids, it's just awesome. I am hoping that we can make a tradition of it!
     Then on Friday I had the amazing privilege of taking a half day at work! (WOO HOO) I popped home snatched up my pup and hit the road! I know it isn't always feasible but it made the trip so much easier being able to head home at 1 instead of at 5! Then I met up with a couple of my good friends for supper at The Branding Iron. If there is one thing that I miss here in Hannibal is good BBQ. I'm not sure if they just don't have a taste for it up here or we are too far north, but when I have a craving for BBQ I head south!  After wrapping up dinner my sweet friend Allie and I stayed and chatted for HOURS. Its just wonderful to catch up and to have a real heart to heart.
     Originally we were going to all get together and get a hotel room and just hang out all night and catch up. Then life happened and plans changed but I think it worked just as well this way. So Saturday since Mel had to work the night shift we met up with her for breakfast! Its always such a treat to eat breakfast out, I'm not sure why it gets me so excited but it sure does! We had a blast, a good big yummy breakfast and amazing chat time with some of my favorite people. We sat at Steak and Shake for 3 hours! 
     That was just the start of my day, add on a wedding reception for a sweet high school friend and his amazingly sweet southern bride. Then a small road-trip with the parents and a few of my favorite people from their church, throw in some punch and an awesome meal and you have a full but satisfying Saturday!
     This brings us to Sunday morning that came WAY too fast. It was totally worth it though, a sweet hug from my favorite little red-head, special music from one of my oldest and dearest friends. His voice is just the thing to take you straight to the throne in worship! Big home-style meals are something I grew up on and have missed bunches in the 5 years since I have been out of my parents house, but Sunday I was blessed to be around the table with my entire immediate family to enjoy a huge and yummy traditional Sunday dinner! Top that all off with a road trip home narrated by a new pod cast and coffee sent straight from heaven and you have my weekend. 
     I rolled into Hannibal exhaused but to invigorated. It's weekends like this that make me wish we lived closer to my family and friends back home. I shouldn't wait so long between weekends like this, they are so good for the soul. The only drawback was that my Hubby couldn't come. One of these days he'll have a job that allows him to come home on weekends too! 
     Then God has started this day of with a lunch date with my in-laws, and its looking like I'll have a workout date later with my man. Boy this girl is blessed! 
  
I'm so glad you all have stuck around this far into the post! As you can see I was so busy having fun that I neglected to take pictures. I'm not too sorry actually. I was busy soaking up life!

Also shout out to you guys for topping out my list of 20 followers and OVER 3000 page views! Holy cow, you all are awesome! Have an amazing Monday my peeps, may your day be so abundantly blessed!       

6 comments:

  1. That song is going to be stuck in my head now!! We need to all organize a girls get together sometime next summer or so :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha welcome to my life, 80's music non stop while I am at work... there is no escape! I agree, I told Allie on Sunday we needed a road trip or something! We'll have to work on that! :)

      Delete
  2. I found your blog yesterday, and can I say I just love it? It's so cute! :] I look forward to getting to know you through your writing (hope that's not too creepy..haha).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally not creepy! I am a complete bloggie (pretty sure I just made that word up) and I feel the same way about so many of the blogs I read! So glad to have you as a reader! :)

      Delete
    2. Haha!! Blogging is an awesome way to get to know each other...so question, do you know Kaysi from A Joyful Noise? She and I went to college together, and if you know her that proves that it's a small world!! :] She's such a sweetheart!

      Delete
    3. Actually I just found her about a week ago, so I don't necessarily know her but I have found her blog! (and I love it too!)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...