Thursday, August 2, 2012

Overcast skies, and sleepy eyes

Wow oh wow the week is wrapping up! 
     This week has gone by so fast, it seems. Today is one of those days I would love to just curl up on the couch and watch Andy Griffith with E all day. I have a question for you married ladies out there, do you go through spurts where you feel particularly clingy? It seems like no matter how much I see Ethan these last couple weeks I can't get enough time with him!
     In other news I am getting so close to finishing up Make it or Break it. I don't know how many episodes are left and I refuse to look! Oy, I am getting verklempt already! (I do that with series that I really fall in love with, I was a wreck after Gilmore Girls finaled!) All I want to do is be glued to my phone or my TV and just keep watching, darn life and work getting in the way! 
     Speaking of work, this working girl was blessed last night to babysit the cutest, brightest little two year old I have met in a long time. One of my coworkers asked me yesterday if I babysit and I jumped at the chance! I used to babysit full time in highschool and I miss it! When I get the chance to love on some tiny humans, there is no hesitation on my part! 
     As you can see it's been a great couple of days and I am so thankful for a fully fun life! It's only about to get better this weekend!

5things  
1.) My amazing hubby that can watch old timey tv shows with me for hours on end.
2.) My wonderful momma and dad that supply the netflix subscriptions so I can watch endless hours of old timey shows!
3.) Sweet couple friends from our small group that want to go on "couple dates" with E and I.
4.) Clouds. That bring shade. That bring lower temperatures. That bring rain. Lovely clouds.
5.) Sunglasses, sunshine, roadtrips and newly discovered podcasts that will make my weekend splendid tomorrow! 



     Yesterday I told you all that I was thinking about a new endeavor and I wanted to share it with you. Recently I have been browsing pinterest and Etsy and seen that there is kind of a new "thing" for wall art. Just fun splashy graphic designs that you frame and hang on your wall. Being the crafty chica I am I got to thinking and decided that "I can do that!" You see I have seen several people that sell these pieces of wall art, but none of them are quite my style so I am thinking about starting my own little Etsy store and creating a few of my own!
     I have the skills, the tools, and the want-to. I figure that is a good enough reason for me to give it a shot! So I am going to give you guys a sneak peek of a couple designs I have done and you tell me what you think. Would would you like to see? 



        This is just a start but I am hoping to spend a few weeks working on some fun new designs, and I would love suggestions! Once I get a decent stock I think I'll get some printed and maybe get this whole crazy plan running! :) The idea is to have these printed very high quality like 8x10 or 11x14 and sell them to be framed and hung in the home! 

     That's what is new around here today! I am excited about this I hope you are too!

9 comments:

  1. I think that Hello Friend graphic would make an absolutely adorable postcard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! I was signed in under Phillip's e-mail! lol I was logging our hotwire reciept and forgot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha Thanks! I am kind of excited about the prospect of this! I'll have to see if I could get them printed as post cards, because I think you are totally right! :)

      Delete
  3. I definitely go through clingy spurts with my husband (resisting the urge to call him now). And I L-O-V-E streaming Netflix! We canceled our regular cable over a year ago and haven't missed it a bit. It's nice to meet you, stopping by from Kate Says Stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what E and I would do with all our spare time if it wasn't for netflix! We are hooked!

      Delete
  4. Wow, that sounds fantastic - good luck with your new venture!
    I found your blog through Kate's Thankful Thursday link up :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping it will be something that people like and would buy for their homes! We'll just have to see! Glad to have you Francesca!

      Delete
  5. I am SO excited for you. I look forward to your work!!! :)

    Sorry I AM SO LATE!!! I am getting so bad at commenting lately and I feel terrible. Life is just nuts - for the best - sometimes. Thanks for linking up to Thankful Thursday with First Day of My Life <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, not going to lie I love me some link ups... I think I am becoming a blog-a-holic and when I find a link up I know that I will always find some new favorite blogs! By the way I am just like that I always seem to be a day late and a dollar short with my comments. I love comments no matter when they come! I love hearing from new friends! Just read your post this morning and it sounds like you have your hands full here in the next little bit! I'm excited for YOU and this new chapter! Oh and expect to see me around again on Thursday for the linkup! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...