Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Renew

Hey there dear friends,

We've made it to Wednesday once again. Half way through the week! Go us! :) 
      This morning as I was doing my quiet time with God I had the strong desire to be able to have a deep chat with some girl friends over a good cup of coffee. Since at the moment it's not quite possible to do so I figured we could all grab out respective cups of coffee (or tea) and could chat over my blog! :) That's what I love so much about you lovely friends.
     As I have mentioned before I am in a study with #SheReadsTruth and we actually just started a new study on Monday going through the book of Proverbs one chapter at a time. Boy in just 3 days I have been so blessed and convicted. I just love to be involved in actively pursuing God's word and His will, especially when doing it with other believers. 
     Have any of you every been in a place in your life when you feel that regardless of where it's coming from (church sermons, small group discussions, personal study and quiet times) that they all seem to be driving home the same point? This isn't the first time in my life that I have felt this way and I am praying over it like crazy, wanting to make sure that it's God speaking and not just me desperately trying to connect the dots on my own. 
     Anyway this "season" I guess you'd call it, I feel like everything is pointing back to one word. "Renew" Renewing my heart, renewing my mind, renewing my attitude. I just feel like the "good enough" life that I have been ok with for so long is just a cop out. We are not supposed to be "good enough" or better than 'so and so' we should hold ourselves to God's standards. Constantly be striving to be more like Him and with a heart more like His.

     Side note, do you ever get to journaling and you feel like you have written a whole bunch only to go back a few days later to find you can't find whatever thought or sentence you are sure you wrote! Ha ha Yep, that's me right now. 

     Sure we hear about renewal in the verse in Romans 12:2 

'Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.'

     This is one of those verses I have known and had memorized for many years. It's even quoted pretty often but what really excites me is the sentence that follows. 

'Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.' 

     How often do I sit there crying out to God, 'I don't know where to go or what to do please tell me!' Guess what!?! He already has! Right there it says, if I am transformed by renewing my mind I will be able to test and approve what is God's good, pleasing and perfect will! 
     Here is where I get to the practical application, because I'm sure like I was you are all sitting there thinking, 'that's great but what does that look like in my life?' Well, I got pretty excited one day and did some looking for all I could find in scripture, online and in the dictionary about Renewing and so far I am still kind of building this thought as I go,

Renew: 
To restore, replenish or revive. 
 To begin or take up again, 
as an acquaintance, a conversation.

     I like that last sentence - to take up a conversation again as an acquaintance. To jump into that walk again with God. I guess what I'm saying is that yeah I have the dictionary defenition and some research that I have done but I don't have a real solid neaon flashing arrow saying "DO THIS" but the direction I am heading is to begin working on me a piece at a time.

- Working on making my heart more like His.
- Working on giving thanks. ALL THE TIME. In all things. 
- Taking captive EVERY thought.
- Trying to make my attitude like Christ.
- ...And waking each morning and turning the day over to the Lord. Because it's really is His already, after all.

     I know some of that may seem rather vague but really I see it as an every breath, every blink, and every interaction kind of challenge. To start with the thoughts before they ever leave my mouth, and to be totally open and vulnerable to the Lord to be shaped and made new. To start with the attitude that I have toward life and those I live it with. Most of all to look to His example and follow!

     I must admit this is one area in my life that I can describe and kind of liquid. Partly because it's a day to day thing and no two days look the same. I'm never really solid on TODAY THIS IS MY MISSION, but I have a pretty good idea of what I should be looking like and how my actions should point to Christ and that's a good enough starting place for me. Anyway This is certainly not meant to be a preachy post, to tell you waht you should be doing. Rather it's just what God has laid on my heart that I am to be working on! 

Like I said at the beginning I am just wanting to chat over coffee! :) 

I hope that you are all having an amazing Wednesday and that you are finding peace in His Presence today.    

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...