Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Bible Study and Milkshakes

     I know many people that might not agree with me, but I love how connected that the internet makes us all! Since starting my new job last week I have spent quite sometime emailing and communicating with some wonderful people thanks to the internet. My personal favorite thing though that I have found online is a tie between a wonderful blogger community and amazing recipes! 


     #SheReadsTruth is something that I have told all of you about before, but last week we started a new study in Ephesians. I have come to the conclusion that just about ANYTHING written by Paul is pretty wonderful. I have read Ephesians though several times and even done a couple studies on it but no matter how many times I do I always learn something new. 


     That man was definitely ordained by God so much of what he says speaks directly to me, even through all the time and culture differences. I feel so blessed to know that there is a wonderful community out there of ladies that is working through this book right along side me. 
  



      

 The other thing I just love about the world wide web is all of the food blogs out there. I am never at a loss of new recipes to try. My newest experiment is protein "milkshakes". I can't take credit for these wonderful inventions though. That goes to a lovely lady named  Katie over at The Dashing Dish. She creates healthy alternatives to some everyday delicious foods. I seriously haven't tried anything so good! This milkshake had me at "hello"! 

From: Dashing Dish.com

1/2 cupLow fat cottage cheese 
1Scoop vanilla protein powder 
3-5Drops butter or almond extract
1 tbsVanilla sugar free instant pudding mix OR 1/2 tsp vanilla extractanilla sugar free instant pudding mix OR 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3-5Stevia packets (or sweetener of choice to taste)
1/2 cup-1cupWater (Alter this according to desired consistency)
5-10Ice Cubes (Depending on how thick you like it, use less for a thinner consistency)
Optional:1/2 tsp xanthan gum 
Sprinkles for topping!
And all of this for less than 200 Calories? I'd say that's a wonderful choice! It was very rich and creamy and just so YUMMY! I would totally recommend any of this amazing ladies recipes! 

So that is just a couple of my favorite things about the internet! How about you? Have you made new friends, or discovered anything amazing?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...