Thursday, November 15, 2012

A snooze, a siesta, and a nap

Congratulations it's Friday eve. We've almost made it through the week. I always feel so accomplished when I make it this far in the week! I have to say though it's been a bit of a tough week as far as energy goes. I'm sure some of it has to do with the "only ok" way I've been eating, fresh fruits and veggies are good fuel, that much I know. But regardless of the cause it's been so though to get my lazy bum out of bed in the mornings to get to the gym and then again in the afternoons around 3 I am practically dozing at my desk. SO I am trying to do al the "right things" to help me not feel so sleepy all the time, such as getting 8hrs of sleep a night, and being more conscious of the fuel I put in my system, however there is one solution that I like very much. NAPS. 

I stumbled upon this infographic the other day on Pinterest and it just fueled my cause! We need to bring naps back into style. 





  It also went on to tell how napping in actually proven to keep us healthier and that there are only 6% of businesses in the US that provide nap rooms and or times to go take naps. However we are one of the only countries in the world like that. Many other countries actually shut down for a siesta period in the middle of the afternoon and everyone just finds a quiet place to spend a few hours, sleeping or resting. Personally I LOVE the idea I wish we had a built in nap time each day.

So until I can solve the sleepiness issue I vote naps all around. 
How about you do you take naps, or do you seem to fit in enough hours over night? Isn't ironic that when we're young we don't want to nap for fear of missing out on something but now that we're older we realize there is nothing sweeter than a nap! 


2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I want to crawl under my desk and nap at work. Sadly I don't think it would be acceptable :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy, yesterday in particular I was really wanting to do that! I even have a nice pig spot under mine! If I succeed in that I'll be sure to post about it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...