Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Fresh Start

{Insert obligatory new years post here} 

Right? Well, this is kind of like that but really it's just me being reflective more than anything. I know that most people will tell you that making new years resolutions will set you up for failure. But with looking back at the past year how can you not want to look at all you've done, both right and wrong and NOT want to make a plan for the next year! I mean it's like looking at a giant open blank canvas, I know I'm not everyone but at least for me I have an idea before I even begin to make a stroke. Sure that idea may evolve as I create but I'm certainly not one just jump in head long (no offense meant to those who do, it's just not how I do things).

A few things that I am looking forward to in 2013.

- Seeing how #shereadstruth grows I may not have been around since the very beginning but as long as I have been involved I can't believe how it has grown. We are starting the year off with a "Fresh Start" study. I am thrilled that I have found this body of fellow believing women online.
- Watching where this little blog goes. I have been at it (off and on) since march and I really can't believe how much fun it has been to have. I'd not say that I've made it big or that I am famous by any means but it sure means a lot to me to share my heart and to know that some one is listening and that's more than enough.

- Deepening my spiritual relationship. One thing that I really struggle with is a consistency in my quiet time and really letting go (and not picking back up) my heart and the burdens of my heart. I am jumping at the chance for a fresh start and a new day to start over with my ever faithful Jesus. [Plus what better way to start a new journey than with a new journal]

- Building up my Husband and our marriage. In the picture there is a book that I found while wandering the journal isle of Barnes and Noble (I just love that store). It is a kind of fill in the blank kind of journal and it's full of prompts about what you love about your spouse. I can't wait to fill it in and share this with E.

- Pouring into lives. I have found that one of the best ways to grow my spiritual relationship and relationships with others is to give and keep giving. It seems that far too often my heart looks inward and wants to know what's in it for me and when is it my turn but if there is one thing that the end of the year always reminds me, it is that I am much more content with my life and my heart when I am pouring out and not focused on me.

- Being a good steward. So often I am reminded none too subtly that I am overly blessed. The one thing that I am expected to do with all that I am blessed with is to return it to him and bring him glory. So from my life to my health and my earnings, I want to take back my focus and lock it in on the one who deserves all the glory. 


Call them resolutions or call them what you will. I have been given a new fresh canvas for the year and this chapter of my life and this is my plan for it (for now at least). 

What will you do with 2013?

See, I am doing a new thing!
    Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
    and streams in the wasteland. 

Isaiah 43:19

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...