Tuesday, February 19, 2013

There really aught to be a sign upon my heart

He's still working on me.

   
(By the way how totally sweet are these little ladies?)  

Do you remember that song. I'm certain I sang it in front of my whole church on more than one occasion while I was growing up. The lyrics go like this:

"He's still workin' on me,
to make me what I aught to be
It took him just a week to make the moon and stars
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars
How loving and patient He must be'Cause He's still workin' on me"

     It's a song that I learned as a child, but this week these lyrics have been on my heart a lot, and I know that the simple truth behind these lyrics is one that I still need to instill in my heart as I grow. If God spent a week on all of the beauty we see in the world around us then how much more precious and intricate are our hearts if He is so patient to continue molding them every day?


Even more than these are the lyrics of the second verse: 


"There really ought to be a sign upon my heart

Don't judge me yet, there's and unfinished part.
But I'll be better just according to His planFashioned by the Master's loving hands"


     I feel as if more than spreading this message to others there is some of this that I need to take to heart. I am not a finished product and when my circumstances leave me at the end of my rope and I snap, I don't often remember, "Lydia, He's still working on you" Not as much to give myself and excuse or grace for poor choices (which often I need as well) But rather to change my attitude. It's not that I am a "grown up" and "I have arrived" or I should just be able to handle life as it comes, really my Heavenly Father is still molding me. I'll never really be "done" and my circumstances are never just arbitrary life, it's His hand growing me and changing me into the person He desires. When I look at life through that attitude my perspective is totally different. 

     Life's not "just tough" and "unfair" It's strategically placed people and events. All to bring glory to our creator. So will I whine and complain about it? Or will I get with the program and work to make it ALL for His glory? Can I dig deep and look for the lessons I should be learning and most of all can I buckle down, dig in my heels and remain faithful to him regardless of what is going on? 

So this week would you do me a favor, when this song pops in you head will you say a prayer for my family. We are going through some growing right now and every day is a choice to put on the right attitude and give Him glory in the learning. We know that God has a plan in this but in the mean time we are just going to keep at it and keep singing this song. Bless you all for being such sweet friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...